This section is designed to signal and elaborate the shifts in thinking needed to drive that change effort grouped around three broad categories: 1) what has to change, 2) what we must protect, and 3) what we need to create.
Our vision of the Social Commons has mapped out a set of core pillars that will frame and guide the work. This reflects a number of over-arching ideas:
• Governance more focused on community needs and local aspirations
• A shift from a consumer/growth economy to a solidarity/caring economy
• Strengthened international governance and human rights to tackle global problems
• Strong social rights and protections delivered through an emancipatory state consistent with UN declarations and cultural, social and economic rights
• A more democratized economy where the private market is embedded within a community building goods creation, resource sharing and distribution system, and
• Social and economic institutions designed to work within the carrying capacity of the ecological systems of regions, nations and the bio-sphere
Taken together, these changes would dramatically reshape society in ways that build solidarity, trust, community and a deeper democracy that improves both well-being and prosperity. Join with us in contributing to this effort.
SocialCommons.ca seeks to build engaging conversations and support transformative change. All stories will be framed by our five pillars that provide the foundation for all our work. Together with our partners, we are committed to creating a future society based on stronger human rights and social protections, revitalized communities, and a more democratic and caring economy. We seek to generate an enlarged social commons with shared community assets, and where local economies are embedded within a sustainable eco-sphere on which all life on the planet depends.
Contact us: email@example.com
© Copyright - Newspaper WordPress Theme by TagDiv